C-SPAN and Time Warner Cable present
Students & Leaders
Lessons on Leadership
at Schools in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn
and Staten Island
During one week in May 2004, C-SPAN is teaming with Time Warner Cable, its New York City
affiliate, to create a unique educational experience for students at
10 local high schools. C-SPAN will be inviting leaders from a
variety of fields to "return to the classroom" at schools in Time
Warner Cable's service area to discuss leadership and their
commitment to public service. C-SPAN cameras will record the events
so these lessons in leadership can be shared with students across
the country and with C-SPAN's national viewing audience.
Picture Index (Pictures are available as we
Download pdf version now!
Events take place each weekday: May 17 - 21, 2004; Events air May 18 - 22 & May 24 - 28
· 5 days, 10 leaders, 10 schools with an event each day at 2 schools…and hundreds of New York City high school students.
· Invited leaders include members of the national media, elected or appointed officials, and national business leaders.
· Events will take place in a small venue within the school, and consist of a question and answer session between students and the leader. Invited speakers are asked to discuss why they do what they do; in other words, to talk about their career path, decisions they made along the way, advice they would offer to young people today.
· The C-SPAN School Bus will be at most events to be used in the production or for student tours and teacher training.
· C-SPAN cameras will cover all events. Each event will air on the C-SPAN Networks and will be archived at C-SPAN.org.
· A web site (www.studentsandleaders.org) offers lesson plans, archived video and more information about the past and current Students & Leaders projects.
For more information
Review details from our May 2004 Students & Leaders in the New York City area at www.studentsandleaders.org/newyork/ or
contact C-SPAN's Community Relations & Education department for more information at email@example.com or